Earn A Bike Coop ~ 2619 Guadalupe St ~ 78207
The San Antonio Earn-A-Bike Co-op. (EAB) is a collective bicycle workspace that seeks to act as a hub for positive community development and interaction through bicycle skills-sharing.
The EAB Co-op.
The San Antonio Earn-A-Bike Co-op (EAB) is a volunteer driven initiative with a mission to to create equitable access to cycling by providing affordable bicycle maintenance, services and education. To achieve our mission , we operate a community bicycle repair shop. The Shop provides a central forum for sharing equipment, materials and expertise, and facilitates affordable, practical, hands-on support for cyclist of all ages and skill levels.
The San Antonio Earn-A-Bike Co-op is located at 2619 Guadalaupe St. in San Antonio, Texas and welcomes anyone who wants to learn about cycling, repairs, maintenance or safe riding. Aside from the pleasure of fixing and riding bicycles, members of the EAB believe that bikes are vital vehicle for sociality and movement and they offer an option to the automobile. The Earn-A-Bike program pairs those in need of bicycles with skilled volunteers to rebuild and repair donated bikes.
- Promote sustainable transportation, especially riding bikes.
- Increase self-empowerment through the hands-on do-it-yourself transfer of skills and knowledge.
- Engage the community through a cooperative model of sustainable development on a non hierarchical basis.
- Provide equitable, affordable and practical services with a priority to those in need.
- Create a safe space based on mutual respect, tolerance, and acceptance.
- Operate with transparency and accountability in all aspects, including program planning and operations, finances, etc.
Why Become a Volunteer?
By sharing resources and knowledge, you are making San Antonio a cleaner, safer, happier, and healthier place full of empowered people who are doing the right thing together. Specifically, you are ensuring that EAB volunteer needs are met and that the EAB remains a community based organization.